Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kid's Baptismal




Wow, took us long enough. We are finally getting our kid's baptized. Grant Lee and Hailey Morgan are getting baptized on August 10, 2008. It will be at Blue Grass United Methodist Church at 10:45 then we are having a small gathering at Old Mill to celebrate afterwards. We are still doing things a little untraditionally. Instead of having Godparents they each will have two Godmothers. Grant will have my sister monica and my sister-in-law and best friend Tajee. Then Hailey will have my sister katelyne and my other best friend Kim. I know that each of them will have a special relationship with my children and will nurture their spiritual side as well as be there for them through out their life. I think being baptized is so important and having Jesus in our lives is something everyone needs. I am so happy to finally have this done and have been wanting to do it for a long time but for many differnt reasons it was never the right time.

My husband and i am pleased and i am going to try and convince him to be baptized also. I didn't know it until today but him and his sister have never been baptized. His mom even said she wished he would. I am hoping i can convince him that it is a great leap of faith. But i also don't want to push him. He is a member of the church but he still has doubts about many things and i am unsure he is ready for baptismal. I am going to talk to him tonight and see what he thinks. It would make this sunday even more special top have him join his children and his church family in christ! wow what a wonderful blessing!

No comments: