Thursday, December 11, 2008

Coughs and sniffles

Nights in our house over the past couple of weeks havebeen an endless rush of trying to figure out who to help sleep through the night the longest. Everyone has colds but at different stages. Some are starting the stages over again with a new cold. But last night was the last straw Grant is hitting hte doctor today at 4pm. I need over 3 hours of consistent sleep..sleep without a 20 lb. baby flopping around on my chest and/or wheezing and gagging coughs all around me. i was so desperate last night i even used a little vix mixed with vasoline(tomake it not burn so bad) all over his little chest and back...it made him cry but then he slept for about 3-4 more hours.

Two weeks i have been battling his and everyone else's sickness. He had a cough and runny nose last week and lack of appetite. Then over the weekend a low grade fever, very putrid diarrhea/poo newborn stuff(from lack of solid foods i assume), and the inevitable lack of sleep...along with a temper and screams of pain...i assumed he was dying a couple of nights. Then by Monday he seemed to be doing better no more painful cries and his appetite picked up a small bit but the stinky poo seemed to be escalating...uggg. But by sleepy time he was hacking this yucky cough that was so bad he was almost vomiting. I figured since during the day he seemed okay it would pass but now 4 sleepless nights later i have decided enough is enough. I am hoping it is just a cold and they will tell me is fine or even better/worse they will tell me he has something that they can give me some meds for and it will knock him into a beautiful slumber for about 10 hours tonight! I dont know if i can study for finals without sleep!! We will see!

No comments: