Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It has been a rough holiday with a sick baby!

I am back finally, it seems things have calmed down around the Steele household. December was a really busy and rough month. Grant had two colds, over 1 week of vomiting(starting while 5 hours from home and 4 hours from our destination), and an ear infection that included three rounds of meds(he was allergic to one, found out while on vacation) none that worked and an antibiotic shot. He still has the ear infections but we are hoping the shot works. I am unsure of the next step if they aren't cleared up by the end of the week! Then Jason had a small stomach bug in the middle of the month, i had it on Christmas eve and we all have had some variation of coughs, colds, or runny noses! Also i completed finals, and passed with a 3.0(while taking five classes with two kids), finally something good to end 2008!

We got to go to Iowa to visit my dad's side of the family. It was very nice to have a gathering with all my aunts and uncles and show off the kiddos. I love seeing them. And my brothers and sisters are growing so fast and and soon they will be off and dealing with their own families and i will see them even less than i do now. I wish we lived closer. Also, grant said his third word, Doh(Dog) while up there. He was in love with their pit bull..even though i was a tad scared with it around. Not just because it was a pit bull but because dogs and little kids worry me in general. I am a worry wart!! On the down side, grant vomited most of the trip. First from a high fever from ear infections then from a reaction from one of the meds for the ear infections...and maybe a hint of a stomach bug somewhere in between. It was miserable. He lived on apple juice, pedialite, and fruit loops for three+ days. I was so worried about him. He was very close to dehydration and i was exhausted. It made for a very stressful trip to say the least.

Hailey and Jason got to go Ice fishing and play on the four wheeler which tickled her to death! But the rest of the trip was spent just talking to everyone and relaxing(with a puking baby stuck to my hip). I was happy we went but wish it had been better conditions.

No comments: