Monday, August 17, 2009

The Dreaded Bus

Today my baby girl starts her fourth day of first grade and her first day to ride a school bus (EVER)!!! I am freaking out a little but i know it is going to simplify my life and help with our daily routine...and maybe save me some gas money along the way. I am still planning on taking her to school in the mornings but we might take advantage of the bus in the mornings occassionally. My main concern is that i have to wake grant up from his nap to go get her and i hate messing with his sleep schedule. Also hailey has been begging me since last year to ride the bus.

I know she will be fine and have a good time but i remember horror stories about the bus. I don't want my daughter getting involved in any crazy shenanagins. We are testing new waters and momma is really freaked out. I am trying to release the reigns and let her grow up but it is very very hard...i didn't want to leave her classroom again this morning. I just want to be there the whole time checking on her.

Do you have any horror stories from your bus rides in school or good stories that might ease my fears?? I don't remember the little kids getting in trouble much but just seeing and hearing the big kids doing the things they do really freaks me out...have you heard the things that come out of the kids mouths nowadays??

No comments: