Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Just not my thing

I have realized that as much as i love to read other people's blogs i am not a writer.  My life is so chaotic i barely have time to focus my energy enough for the basics and this just hasn't been a priority. While am here i will update you on all the happenings and maybe it won't be 6 mths before i write again...or maybe it will be longer!

Our little man is now 6 1/2 months old and is absolutely heaven.  He is a great baby and a wonderful addition to our family! He has just started to learn how to crawl and is getting his 3rd and 4th tooth in as we speak.  He is over 18 lbs and has the cutest little leg chunks you would ever see.  He still doesn't sleep through the night but i think that is my fault as he takes his bottle and falls right back asleep.  He loves crackers and baby food of all kinds(except squash).  He is wearing a  size 4 diaper and mainly 12-18 mth clothes but can still wear some 6-12 mth outfits and some 24 mth outfits....funny thing is his brother just outgrew most of the clothes/diapers over the summer.  Crazy how each of them are so silly.  He isn't says true words yet but he likes to wave and it sounds like he says hi.  He loves to yell and is practicing his voice frequently now. 

Grant is almost done with his first semester of preschool, at 3 years old he is my smarty pants.  His teachers say he will be a lawyer because he is so good at arguing his point and always believes he is right! He is still in speech therapy but between his fabulous therapist and preschool he is learning very quickly.  He loves sports especially soccer and football. he hopes to play soccer/baseball in the spring if he is old enough.  He is addicted to watching netflix shows and loves monster trucks.  he was wearing all size 24 mth clothes this summer and he now is in all 4-5s...major growth spurt!

Hailey is in 3rd grade and an honor roll student. Third grade has been more challenging for her as she is having to be more independent and i have released some of my control over her actions.  I think it has been just as hard for me to let her grow and blossom.  I like control and she likes me telling her how and when to do everything.  She was a very organized toddler but not she is pushing all those preteen envelopes and it can be very challenging.  She is a fabulous artist and impresses me continually with her imagination.  She is wearing size 12 in girls and in some things wears up to an adult small.  Sometimes i just can't believe my baby girl is growing up this fast and is so amazing.  She loves to talk on the phone with her friends and is good about doing her chores, except her room which is a constant challenge.  She is starting to care about how she looks and about what the boys at school think of her.  I have been trying to let her know that she is perfect just the way she is and not to worry about those boys but i am not sure she believes me.

My husband has been super busy at work and i have been just as busy with my photography, volunteer work, and the kiddos activities.  It seems we are constantly running.  In October i had gallbladder surgery and Jason has a health scare and ended up in the ER.  We have started focusing more on our family and getting healthier.  I think it has been a major blessing in disguise.  Other than that i am on the job hunt again and hope to have a position by the first of the year.  I am sad to leave my babies after almost 9 years at home but i am very excited to start working outside the home again! Finding a daycare is going to be a challenge as no one seems good enough for our babies.  Luckily we have a few friends who stay at home and might be able to watch the kids for us. 

















I can't think of much else to talk about at the moment as i have a million things to get done around the house before Thanksgiving tomorrow! I'll leave you with a few pictures form the past couple of mths!

No comments: