Friday, August 15, 2008

Hailey has 1 week of kindergarten down!




It was a hard morning. Hailey was still so worn out from having to get up so early and just not quite ready for another day at school. She cried and didn't want me to leave. I almost cried but held it together. I hate leaving her while she is crying. I don't feel right..i am her mom and want her to know i will always be there for her. I don't like sneeking out when she is not looking! I just keep picturing her little tears and frown and her chasing me down the hall saying, "mommy don't go"!! It was one of the hardest things i have ever done. Had it been daycare i wouldn't have left but i know that she has to go to school and i need to make her understand that.

She has been laying down by 8-8:30 and asleep within 1/2 hour. Next week I am going to try to get her to bed before 8 pm and that way she gets an extra 1/2 hour to hour every night which should drastically improve her mood next week. The nights are so busy that it is hard to get everything done in time to have her in bed by 8:00! Also she likes to fall asleep watching tv so i have ben turning the timer on for 30 minutes and she has been asleep before the timer even goes off.

Her teacher said she is doing very well and said hailey was her big helper all week. Her teacher also said she seems to be really ahead academically and behaviorally. I am so happy to hear that but at the same time i hope she is pushed hard enough to excel and not get bored. (When i was in the evansville school system for a year then went back to castle i was so behind and i don't want the same thing to happen to her)Her teacher says staying at home with your children is so much better than having them in preschool/daycare! I loved hearing the reinforcement and knowing i am doing the right thing staying home with the kiddos. I know hailey will be fine and is strong but i miss her so-so much! I hate the idea of me having to go back to school in a couple of weeks..it is really going to limit my time with her. I just hope that i can spend all my extra time giving her the attention she needs and not spending all my time on housework and chores!

Here are some pictures of her first day of Kindergarten! She was so proud of herself and looked so gorgeous..i swear with the poses she comes up with, she is gonna be a model! Gorgeous darling!


1 comment:

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.