Saturday, August 16, 2008

Exaustion and random tidbits of life without my hubby

Wow, it has been a long couple of days with Jason out of town(he's been gone since early wednesday morning and won't be back until tomorrow aftenoon or evening). I have had to work everyday and hailey has had school all week. Amazing how that alone can add so much extra work into your day. Not having him here to help with bathes, dinner, or just to keep one of them occupied is sooo hard. I can't imagine how people make it as single parents...i need help!!!

Grant had shots on Thursday and is getting two or three top teeth in(that would give him 5 total teeth). At least one popped through today(thank God)!!!! He has been a bear, barely eating and fussy. His sleep pattern is way off. He is taking cat naps during the day(no more two hour naps) and at night he has been waking up like every hour or two and occassionally is unconsolable for 15-20 minute jags ); I have been trying oragel($7.00-rediculous), ice, and everything else to entertain him or console him but nothing seems to help. It has been rough..i have gotten about three-five hours of sleep every night! I need a good night sleep so badly!

Then my mom had a friend of the family pass away and she needed to make most of the food for 75 people(for the church dinner after the funeral)with only 1 days notice. So i volunteered to do the desserts and with my sister-in-law/best friend Tajee we spent all friday night baking desserts, 3 cakes, 2 brownies, vanilla pudding...then frosting it all and making it presentable! I am still doing dishes from it! hehe...but it was all worth it because they said everything was wonderfully done and went smothly.

Then today we had to get hailey's hair cut(so cute) and we went to the zoo to visit the new amazonia. I went a couple of weeks ago but it is so cool we wanted to go again. Also Tajee and Jasmine hadn't been to the Amazonia part yet. It was nice but very, very, very tiring (o'yeah and HOT!!!)to walk and push both kids in the stroller. We added up the total weight with everything and it is about 150 lbs to lug around. The hills are killer and having the new entrance at the back side of the zoo it is a much longer day! My feet and back are killing me, but it was a great workout. I should go weekly and use it as a weigh loss trick. Luckily it seemed to wear hailey out because she is asleep(finally)..she was a big pain in my booty today....her attitude flaired up and i almost lost it...well maybe i did a couple of times....woops....so hopefully she will be rested for tomorrow and not such a crab.

I have to work Nursery at church in the morning so we have to be there by 8:00. That means i need to get them feed and ready by at least 6 am....and then we won't be done until 12:00. Luckily we are eating lunch at my mom's tomorrow and having left overs from the funeral so no cooking..then hopefully i can sit and relax for awhile....Or not!!

I have gotten a great deal accomplished above and beyond all of this..somehow i drastically cleaned out Jason's side of the closet...i think he had clothes in there from high school.....I have two very large boxes filled with clothes and his closet totally organized. It looks so good!! Hopefully he will be happy i did it..you never know with men..he hates when i move his stuff. I am constantly organizing(or as he puts it moving things to unknown places-hehe). Also our room has been decluttered and lots of the boxes have been filled to get ready for moving.

Then Tajee brought me a butt load of clothes for the kids. It was so sosososososososo sweet! I love her! I had bought most of Grant's wardrobe for this winter in Edinberg last year but still needed quite a bit of everyday stuff and she brougth me a wardrobe fit for a king. Basically his dresser is now overflowing...wow!! The only thing i still need for him are socks and a couple of nice t-shirts/long or short sleeve from Gap or somewhere to fill in the gaps. Then a jacket, mittens, hat..but she said she probably has all that also. It is nice to have someone to pass clothes down to me instead of me being the one giving our stuff away.

Then hailey got alot of stuff also. She still needs sooo much stuff since she is in school and needs a hefty wardrobe but basically all her jeans and sweaters are bought. Now i can focus on the cute outfits from gymboree or gap..so excited, i love to shop. But then again she also needs a new shoe wardrobe..boots, t-shoes, mary janes, black/brown dress shoes..ect. and a winter coat, hat, gloves! I am excited! Her closet/drawers and grant's are totally clean, decluttered, and old/small clothes have been removed! They are still overflowing but i like it that way! She also needs big bows.....lots of them in every color. I need to find a new store that sells them. Does anyone know a good place to get them? Most of the stores i have previously bought them from have closed down. Maybe i will buy them online this time..i am going to get off here and go check out ebay..another one of the things that is horribly addicting...

o'yeah..hailey organized her own underwear and sock drawer..color coded them and all in rows just like i have everything else. I was so proud of her. Maybe my kid's can be neat freaks like me....i love it! Another thing that make sme love my darling pain in the booty daughter!

No comments: