Thursday, December 18, 2008

School is over and vacation has finally begun!

Ahhh...my life has just simplified, for at least three weeks. I am done with school for the semester. It is such a relief. I feel like this huge weight has lifted. I am so excited to have some time with my kiddos and hubby. We need it. I am home everyday but usually busy with housework or homework.

Now i can get Christmas completed and just sit with the kiddos and enjoy seeing them. I know hailey is excited. We already have projects planned for the next couple of days that have to be done for christmas presents. I am very excited to get to watch her read and play games all day in our jammies. No school for her and no school for me!!

I did well so far...three grades are in...an A in my CIS class, a B+ in my Management behavior class, and a C in environmental conservation. My finance and humanities class havent posted grades yet but i am hoping for passing grades. It was a rough semester with two kids, 5 classes, holidays, and trying to keep the house organized, sports/organizations organized, and everyone healthy(hasnt really worked but i have tried)!

I dont have to go back to school until January 12th and i am so grateful that we are going to travel to my daddy's house for the holidays. We are leaving shortly after christmas and coming back right before hailey starts back to school on the 5th. My dad said he was nervous about us coming up. I thought it was really sweet. I miss him so much ...living so far away(over 9 hrs , 11 with kids in car).

We are helping him with our huge family christmas party. All of my aunts and uncles(8-9 present this year) and their spouses and kids. It used to be at my grandpa's and grandma's before they passed away and now it rotates between all my aunts/uncles/dad...the family seems to be separated more since their deaths. It is very sad. I pray that everyone can get along and realize the happiness family brings and that everyone enjoys each others company. Two of my aunts have passed away in the past couple of years both cancer related deaths. Obviously it has hit the family very hard. Sometimes the holidays are spent being sad instead of celebrating life and knowing that all the deceased are in a better place-HEAVEN!! I miss them also but i am not as sad anymore. I know that they are happy and pain free now.

My aunt chrissie especially was so grateful for life. She was happy and put on a happy face until her death. I try to live my life with as much joy as she did. She was happy for every moment and every day that she had with her family. She understood how precious life is. She had the most wonderful outlook and tried to please everyone. She was a role model..just like my grandma....i miss her every day!!..alright enough of the sad stuff...back to talking about vacation.

Snow...Grant will see his first snow up there. But he will also have to deal with very very cold weather. It was 5-10 below zero last time i talked to my dad. UGGG...i complain about our 20-30 degree weather. Why can't he live in Florida again??


After vacation, we might have to come back a little early because hailey has a cheer clinic on Jan.3 and i would love for her to go. I dont know..she is just getting started i dont think she is ready yet! I am loving it, she is so cute practicing. Cheer is very exciting. I never tried it in school but always wanted to...hailey seems to love it and also loves learning the scriptures. I am just happy to have her active and out doing something.

First we must finish our christmas shopping and finish making some presents. We are running out of days for this..i am guessing we will have to do it on monday and tuesday next week. Tomorrow hailey has school then christmas shopping. Might have time tomorrow night for a couple of things. Saturday is christmas at my moms then we want to go to the fantasy of lights. We think the kids will really enjoy all the bright lights then maybe we can drive around and see some houses with lots of lights. We used to do it when i was little and it was so exciting! Sunday is Jason's b-day so the day is for him and whatever he wants to do..except it is also my neice Jasmine's b-day so we have her 8th b-day party sunday afternoon. Then we have monday and tuesday free to do whatever need to be done for christmas. Wednesday is Jason's side of the families christmas parties taking up the whole day and night.

Then christmas is alwasy spent at home. We made this rule when Hailey was born. We never go anywhere and we prefer not to have any visitors unless it is immediate close family members. We make a huge breakfast of pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream, sausages, bacon, and whatever else we decide is yummy. Then for lunch we usually have ham and dollar rolls with a couple of easy sides and pie. Simple, giving us time to spend the whole day with the kids watching never-ending episodes of Christmas Vacation or some other cute christmas movie.

I love playing with the kids and seeing their eyes glow as they open each present and see everything they have. One year it took hailey from 8 am to almost 6 pm before she opened her last present. SHe took her time and opened one at a time and played with them before wanting another. It was amazing to see how excited she was with every gift!

With our new camcorder i can't wait to capture all of these wondeful memories. We have went a couple of years without one and i have no record of so many pr4ecious moments that i dont want to miss again!

No comments: