Thursday, July 30, 2009

Try living with one arm-it sucks!

I am still in a hard cast for another couple of weeks and i am starting to go stir crazy. I hate it. I feel helpless. I can't iron, can't do dishes, can't give kids a bath, can't pick kids up, can't push stroller, can't fix my hair, can't braid hailey's hair or put a ponytail in, can't shave my legs, can't paint my toes, can't use a can opener, can't lift anything over 5 pounds, can't write well, and many many more than that. All of those daily tasks we take for granted are borderline impossible for me.

I have been using my left arm more and more but it hurts 24-7 from using so much when it isn't used to it. Then they have me doing exercises 2 times a day on my right hand. Some of the exercises are ok but the others hurt like hell. They had me stop one of them cause of pain and left me in this cast longer to make sure my arm is healed. I have a feelign they didnt fix it. I am a little freaked out that it is worse than ever.

I go back on the 10th and get my semi-soft brace and i guess we will see how i am doing then. She said she is hoping only one more appointment after that but i am thinking it will be more since i am still having so many problems.

What sucks even more is the fact that my hubby is out of town and i am doing all of this myself. Try to do all of your daily taks with just one arm..it is exausting. I am trying to look at the bright side but it is hard to see right now...i am not happy how long it has taken and still is taking to recover. I was never told about this. I am frustrated with my surgeon for not giving me the rundown on the fact i woud even be in therapy and the recovery time...very frustrated. I am praying it is going to get better and i can forget all this pain and enjoy the daily life tasks without having to think about if tey will hurt or not.

No comments: