Tuesday, August 11, 2009

1st Grade Jitters

Tomorrow is the big day. Hailey starts first grade. I am excited but sad, as is she. She misses her kindergarten teacher so much. She doesn't understand why she can't have her beloved Mrs. kassenbrock back (only the best kindergarten teacher ever)!!! But on to new things. Her new teacher is Mrs. Shoulders. I have been praying for a nice teacher. I still remember my first grade teacher. She was so mean with long fingernails. She would grab kids by their ears when they were bad....i didn't like her much. But i am regressing. We haven't met her yet but we are hoping for a good day.
Only one thing we can't decide on yet and that is her riding the bus. I am having a hard-time deciding what will work for us. I am not really wanting her to ride the bus all the time because i like to meet her teacher occassionally and i think pick-up for first graders are outside anyways. So we are going to take her this week and then next week we will see what happens. It is all new for us.

So today we are going shopping to look for a new more modern backpack and i think i willlsuprise her with a new haircut. I want her to be excited about this new year and understand how important shcool is. I want her to grow and learn and be excited about the process. Last year she thrived and really loved going to school and i hope this year will be no different. I am hoping her jitters go away the first moment she gets up and sees all her friends. I pray some of her girlfriends who came for a slumberparty will be in her class.

She doesn't want to leave us. She doesn't want to get up early or go to bed early but last night was better. She was asleep before 9 and up by 7:45. Hopefully tonight we can have her asleep by 8-8:30 and up by 6:45...we will see! If not then she will go to bed extra early tomorrow night. We will try to post pics from the first day. I haven't really been taking many with my wrist being sore and the camera being so heavy and big. But i want to start picking it up again asap...i really miss capturing all of their precious moments in life!

No comments: