Saturday, November 22, 2008

My baby boy is growing up, 9 months and 1 week old!


This sums it all up! I love those eyes and eyelashes. Someone said the other day how sad they were wasted on a boy. I think they are sooo wrong. How fantastic..he is gorgeous/handsome and all mine! I love his fantastic little pudgy fingers and toes and those cheeks everyone says they want to eat(as wierd as that sounds).



We have his 9 month pictures coming soon. We got them taken today and I am very excited to show everyone! They should be adorable. Baby's first Christmas...


This is what he does all day long. Eat everything in sight. Usually it is every little pice of hair or fuzz or string...my cleaning skills need an upgrade to spastic...he has eaten his weight in scraps of paper!! Along with whyo knows what else. I don;t know what else to do. He has gotten sneeky about it also. He is very good at holding his jaws closed so i can't pry whatever it is out of his mouth. It has become a war!! I am the evil mother. Also he has learned to throw a tantrum....loud, very loud tantrums..especially in the car!!









This is the look i get all day long. Durrrr.....But it really cracks me up. Also do you see the abundance of hair. I originally balked at the thought of a haircut.i am still nervous..he is just a baby. But he is getting horrible bed head/hat head. Jasons barber(he did Jason's first haircut) is still cutting hair(at the same place Jason went to) and we decided to get Grant's first haircut there. I think Jason is going to try and have it cut maybe this week soemtime. The guy is close to retirement and only works limited hours so it will be interesting. We are only going to trim the back. I want the front to grow out and it still lays very nicely(most of the time). I am really excited about this. What a big milestone....




His current: Weight 18.12, He went down to the 20th % but they say that is normal for his small birthweight and at the stage he is in. They will watch for a gain next time. His height was 28 1/4, he went up to the 48th %, and his head was 46.

He has mild eczema but it is controlled with mosturizing..the doctor says it will probably get worse as he grows but currently he doesnt have to have any additional medications/creams for it. He is starting to get the whiplashed cheeks from the cold and they said that is one of the other things he will be more prone to in the winter so we have been lathering him with vasoline or A&D ointment as often as possible so it doesn;t get painful. So far it doesn't seem to bother him.

He has been granted unlimited access to adult food(except honey, nuts, etc)..so we are weaning him off many of the baby foods. It was expensive and he didn't like us feeding him any more so we are cleaning out the cabinets of infant food and beefing up his finger food list. I still mash most of it up some but he does well with most foods so everything is fair game. I am watching him with eggs and milk(yogurt) because one of them gave him a rash yesterday..his back and face got little red dots. Luckily they went away and that was the only symptoms.




---------REWIND------


Our precious new baby yawning. He was so scrawny. Here he is only a little over 6 pounds! That is a preemie onesie and it was still a little big. I remember the size 1 diapers were enormous and we had to fold them twice to get them to somewhat fit. We should have gotten preemie diapers. He was 6 lbs. 11 oz at birth but he lost almost a pound in the first two weeks.
He wouldn't breastfeed which was disappointing to me..i wanted to breastfeed so badly. The doctor said he had a slight recessed jaw which could have been part of the problem with latch-on. We continued to try for about 5 weeks but he just wasn't getting it so we ended up switching to formula. It was a blessing!! He has basically slept through the night since birth, 6+ hours then,and now he is sleeping around 10. He became much happier after switching and keeping a schedlue was much easier..but we aren't very strict. I try and let my kids guide when they eat and sleep..to an extent. Grant has put himself on a schedule.





This picture was taken in the hospital when he was born. He was a fresh new baby!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I certainly don't think those eyes are wasted on a boy. He will be a very handsome man. What a rotten thing to say really. I let Charlotte decide when to sleep and eat too. So don't feel bad I do the same thing. Charlotte is a carpet cleaner too. She finds every little bit of anything on the floor and it goes directly to her mouth. Jim taught her to do the angry face. It is soooo funny. She scrunches her face up and curls her lips. I am trying to get a picture of her doing it.

Erin Steele said...

I bet that is so funny! It is so funny hwne they are mad..many times their tantrums make me laugh!! Is that bad?? hehe..