Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving and a Reunion-update

Thanksgiving was wonderful and special just like always. It is one day that i do nothing(no laundry, no dishes, no cleaning) but spend time with all my family and enjoy their company. It was wonderful seeing so many people that i haven't seen since the holidays last year. We need to spend more time with the extended family. My husband's grandma is getting up there in age and we don't visit often, even though she lives relatively close.

I feel sad about how busy life has been and how little time i have had for my family. School has been overwhelming this semester and has taken up so much of my precious time. I have missed so many firsts. Hailey starts her first cheerleading practice tonight and i will be in class instead. This si what i am supposed to be doing...time is just passing me by. I am thanksful for the chance to go to school and pray i am able to finish and help make life better for our family. BUT for now i need more time. I need to manage my time more closely and regulate what is important to me. I need to spend less time on the internet mindlessly browsing and spend more time reading to my kids! My goal for the new year is to turn off the computer and just do...do whatever is needed to give my kids some extra attention. They deserve to have their mom not just in the room but actually there for them. I want to be that mom.

Our class reunion was interesting. Not as good as expected in some ways but better than expected in others. It was alot like high school...no one openly talked to you unless they were friends with you in high school. It wasn't this big freindly gathering like i had prayed for. Most people expected a dinner and instead found some appetizers that were not so appetizing. Drinks were pricey. Also food and drinks were where everyone smoked. So for us non-smokers it sucked to go in there. An in there was where everyone basically stayed all night long.

I found so many people that i had lost touch with and was grateful for that. I missed all these people. I had wanted to reconnect and i did. I hope that i keep in touch with the friends that i saw. Many of them live in Evansville so it should be easy but we will see how it all works out. But then a couple of them live out of town and that might be more difficult but i am going to do my best to not let another ten years pass me by with regrets about what i should have done.

No comments: